Application closing date: Monday 12 December 2022 (this vacancy is now closed)
Cruse Bereavement Care Isle of Man (Cruse IOM) offers support, advice and information to children, young people and adults when someone dies.
We are looking for a new Chief Executive Officer who can lead Cruse IOM into the future, using their expertise and knowledge to drive, innovate and enhance the charity. Applicants will have previous strategic management experience and be effective operationally.
- Recognised counselling, educational, social care or health qualification or equivalent job-related experience
- Knowledge and experience of safeguarding processes when working with adults, children, and young people
- Experience in service management
- Proven ability to think strategically
- Strong demonstrable leadership skills and experience
- Providing management supervision to staff
- Working with partner agencies at multiple levels
- Managing service budgets
- Securing grants or funds
- Effective engagement with volunteers and key internal stakeholders
- Work or volunteering with bereavement and/or bereaved people (desirable)
The role includes
- Working with the Board of Directors to develop and expand services in line with the charity’s strategic objectives
- Delivering, through appropriate plans and in accordance with agreed policies and protocols, the vision, mission, and objectives of Cruse IOM
- Leading, managing and supporting the staff team to maximise their personal contributions
- Supporting the Board of Directors in their governance activities and ensuring that Cruse IOM is well administered and meets its operational governance, clinical governance, and safeguarding responsibilities
- Ensuring that Cruse IOM is appropriately funded to meet its obligations and is a sustainable charity able to grow and develop
- Enhancing the charity’s impact and profile locally
The post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
For further information about this role, please refer to the role profile and person specification.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV along with a covering letter:
- by post marked Private & Confidential to Amanda Cafearo, Cruse Bereavement Care Isle of Man, Premier House, 1 Carrs Lane, Douglas, IM4 4QB.
The closing date for applications is Monday 12 December 2022.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 15 and Friday 16 December 2022.